Usually when you think of salad, you think of a healthy plate filled with green leafy vegetables and maybe some meats. Normally when you think of a salad, you think of dieting, since salad doesn’t really convey itself as a ‘power packed food’. Well, we’re here to tell you how to make a power packaged salad, which will give you a quick energy and it will also help you in weight loss and burning fat!
Tips to make a power packaged salad
- Always use lots of greens in your salad like lettuce, capsicum & cucumber.
- Include an oil based dressing in your salad, like olive oil which is rich in MUFA which promotes a healthy heart.
- Include lean protein in your salad like tofu, cottage cheese or grilled chicken.
- Use nuts and seeds in your salad to make it tastier and crunchier.
- Make it flavorful by adding fresh or dried herbs.
Now that we’ve given you the tips and tricks to make a great salad, here is our favorite recipe! Try it at home and you’ll never call a salad boring again.
RECIPE TO MAKE A DELICIOUS MEDITERRANEAN SALAD:-
- 100g lettuce
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 50g cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar/lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1tsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- Salt – as per taste
- Place lettuce leaves in a bowl. Then add cucumber, tomatoes, capsicum, onion, and cottage cheese, roasted pumpkin seeds
- Season with salt, oregano and black pepper.
- Drizzle oil and vinegar and toss gently.
Hope you enjoy it !!
Share your favorite salad recipes and pictures in the comments below! We might even feature some on your recipes on our page, with due credit of course.