It is vital for the diabetics to keep their blood sugar levels in control, but for this, you obviously do not have to absolutely cut out noodles. With pasta salads, soups, and traditional spaghetti, the healthy pasta recipes will please your cravings for the food without causing you any troubles. Yes, you got us right! People with diabetes can relish PASTA! Our yummy pasta recipes will fill you up without any additional carbs or calories. So, let’s have a lip-smacking, diabetes-friendly pasta dinner tonight!
Red Sauce Pasta
What Ingredients You Will Need
- 2 cups/200gms Pasta
- 2tbsp Oil (olive oil)
- Water 5 cups to boil pasta
- ¼ tsp Salt & oil
- 1medium/100gm chopped Onion
- 1tsp Garlic (chopped)
- ½ each/200gm Capsicum (green, yellow, red)
- 2large /250gms Tomatoes
- Salt To taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 1tsp Sugar (or per taste)
- 1tsp Vinegar (or as per taste)
- 1tsp/as per taste Oregano
- 1tsp/as per taste chili flakes
How to Cook
- Take a saucepan and add some water to it.
- Put some oil and salt to taste and let it boil.
- Now add pasta and cook it on medium flame.
- When cooked, sift it and keep it aside.
- In a blender, blend tomatoes to a puree and place it aside.
- Chop the vegetables.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic to it and sautÃ© till its smell goes away.
- Add finely chopped onions and fry until translucent, add tomatoes puree to it and mix well. Cook
for 3-4 minutes on the medium flame.
- Add capsicum and cook for another 3-4 minutes and put in salt, pepper, sugar and combine well.
- Now add oregano and chili flakes and vinegar to it.
- Finally, add pasta and mix the whole lot well.
- Healthy pasta is ready for you to relish.
Macronutrient content of the recipe:
- Energy: 1153 kcal/4 serv. & 288.25 kcal/1
- Protein: 24.2 gm./4 & 6 gm./1
- Fat: 32 gm./4 & 8/1
- Carbohydrate: 160.6 gm./4 & 40 gm./1
The recipe is suitable for:
- High energy demands such as pregnancy, Lactation & childhood
- Weight gain
- Olive oil is good for heart & diabetes patients
The recipe is not suitable for:
- Gluten allergy
- Kidney patients
Lemon Herbed Orzo Pasta
We will harmonize the chives, basil and thyme-infused orzo pasta side dish with shrimp and asparagus, but it can be a wonderful addition to any grilled chicken, baked pork, or steamed seafood entree.
What Ingredients You Will Need:
- 6 ounces of dried orzo pasta (1 cup)
- 1.5 teaspoons thinly tattered lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- Lemon wedges (elective)
How to Cook
- Cook pasta following the directions on the label.
- Draw off pasta, keeping 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Bring back pasta and set aside pasta water to the saucepan.
- Swirl in lemon peel, salt, and pepper.
- Cook and swirl over medium flame till the water gets absorbed.
- Swirl in basil, chives, and thyme just prior to serving.
- Dish up with lemon wedges if preferred.
So, now you can relish your favorite pasta with these easy-to-cook pasta recipes without bothering about the carbs and calories. What are you waiting for! Get Going!